Having sold 119 lodging properties over the years, Robin has been active in the hotel business as an operator, owner, and broker for his entire professional career. His operating career grew from the original Director of Sales at the 400 unit Royal Coach Inn in Atlanta to Vice President for Olaf Lambert & Company, responsible for the daily management of twenty-eight hotels throughout the southern states.
He has subsequently been a principal in a number of hotel investments and works as an expert on both hotel management and brokerage in state and federal courts. It is widely believed that he has closed more hotel sales in the state of Florida than any other individual commercial real estate broker.
Robin’s extensive experience includes the opening of numerous properties ranging from budget motels to the luxurious Birmingham and Augusta Hiltons. Originally trained in a 400 room commercial and convention hotel (the Royal Coach of Atlanta).
He was deeply involved in the opening of the 660 room Sheraton Olympic Villas in Orlando, the 293 unit Whitehall Inn on Daytona Beach, and was formerly a partner in the Breakers of Ft. Lauderdale (200 suites) and the Ramada Inn West (200 rooms) in Orlando.
He was a partner in the planned development of a 143 room Baymont Inn and Suites near Universal Studios Florida in Orlando. Now a principal and president of COMMERCIAL AMERICA Properties, Robin was previously Vice President, Managing Director responsible for overseeing the commercial brokerage operations for Florida’s largest commercial real estate firm as well as a principal and managing director in the local NAI affiliate.
Prior to the merger of his firm into Prudential Florida (now Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT), he served for fifteen years as president of American Hospitality International, Inc. Founded in 1978, that commercial real estate and hotel consulting firm was among the industry’s most respected throughout its years of independent operation.
The consulting unit advised operators of dozens of lodging properties, saving many from loss or bankruptcy while the brokerage firm closed over 200 major commercial real estate transactions. As a producing manager, Mr. Webb’s personal sales production has exceeded one billion dollars.
Active in a number of industry support organizations and a past member of the Florida Hotel-Motel Association board of directors, Robin is a Past President of the Florida CCIM chapter that is about 1,000 members strong.
Robin was also a Past President to the 500 members apart of CFCRES, which is now formally known as the Central Florida Commercial Association of Realtors.
He is a former member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors and has served as Chairman of the statewide Commercial Council for Florida Realtors. He is a past president of the CCIM Education Foundation, CEO of CCIM Technologies, Inc., and the International President of the CCM Institute.
As a receiver, arbitrator, and an expert witness, Mr. Webb frequently serves in the role of assisting in both Federal and Circuit Courts. He is the only professional in Florida to do so.
Robin has earned many designations such as the: coveted Certified Commercial Investment Member, Certified Hotel Administrator, and Certified Hotel Broker, Certified Property Manager, and the Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors designations.
Robin is a frequent guest speaker and author of articles appearing in the lodging and real estate press.Mr. Webb has completed the educational requirements for a Certified Commercial Appraiser license and holds a real estate brokers license in Florida. Robin is committed to excellence in all he does, and has earned numerous designations and recognitions in his career.
- Senior CCIM Instructor
- Member of the three-man CCIM task force designing, creating, and implementing the Site To Do Business and currently serving on its Board of Directors.
- Member of the Governing Council for CCIM Investment Institute.
- Past President of the 600-member Florida CCIM Chapter
- 1997 President of the 550-member Central Florida Commercial Real Estate Society.
- Recipient of the Prudential Commercial Services’ prestigious TOP OF THE ROCK AWARD as the leading producer of commercial real estate transactions (by volume) in the Southeastern Region and No. 2 in the nation.
- Recipient of the 1999 Hank Thompson Award for lifetime contribution to the Florida CCIM Chapter.
- 1999 FAR Commercial Council Chairman
- Former director for the Florida Association of Realtors and Greater Orlando Association of Realtors.
- Year 2000 CCIM of the Year
- Year 2002 Wilbur Strickland Award for outstanding lifetime contribution to the commercial real estate industry.
Commercial Real Estate Industry Education and Designations
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA)
- Certified Hotel Broker (CHB)
- Completed education requirements for Florida Certified Commercial Appraiser
- Certified Real Estate Broker (CRB)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Certified Hotel Broker (CHB) awarded “with distinction”
- Member Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Cornell University 2001 Executive Series: Computerized Hotel Market Studies and Valuations
Robin L. Webb, CCIM, CHA, CHB, CPM, CRB, MRICS
Commercial America Properties| 235 S Maitland Ave, #115| Maitland, FL| 32751
Office: 407-675-3656 | Mobile: 407-620-3846 | Email: RWebb@CCIM.net