Having sold 114 lodging properties over the years, Robin L. Webb, CCIM, CHA, CHB, CPM, CRB, MRICS, has been active in the hotel business as an operator, owner, and broker for his entire professional career.
His operating career grew from the original director of sales at the 400-unit Royal Coach Inn in Atlanta to Vice President for Olaf Lambert & Company, responsible for the daily management of 28 hotels throughout the Southern states. He has subsequently been a principal in a number of hotel investments and works as an expert on both hotel management and brokerage in state and federal courts. It is widely believed that he has closed more hotel sales in the state of Florida than any other individual commercial real estate broker.
Robin’s extensive experience includes the opening of numerous properties ranging from budget motels to the luxurious Birmingham and Augusta Hiltons. Originally trained in a 400-room commercial and convention hotel (the Royal Coach of Atlanta), he was deeply involved in the opening of the 660-room Sheraton Olympic Villas in Orlando, the 293-unit Whitehall Inn on Daytona Beach and was formerly a partner in the Breakers of Ft. Lauderdale (200 suites) and the Ramada Inn West (200 rooms) in Orlando. He was formerly the operating partner in a planned development of a 143-room Baymont Inn and Suites near Universal Studios Florida in Orlando.
Now executive vice president of investment sales with Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT, Robin was the managing director responsible for overseeing the commercial brokerage operations in Florida for the state's largest commercial real estate firm. Prior to the merger of his predecessor firm into Prudential Florida (now Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT), he served for 15 years as president of American Hospitality International, Inc. Founded in 1978, this commercial real estate and hotel consulting firm was among the industry's most respected throughout its years of independent operation. The consulting unit advised operators of dozens of lodging properties, saving many from loss or bankruptcy, while the brokerage firm closed over 200 major commercial real estate transactions. As a producing manager, Mr. Webb's personal sales production exceeded $1 billion.
Active in a number of industry support organizations, Robin is a past president of the 850-member Florida CCIM Chapter as well as the 500-member CFCRES, now the Central Florida Commercial Association of Realtors. Additionally, he is a former member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors and has served as chairman of the statewide Commercial Council for the Florida Association of Realtors and is vice president of the CCIM Education Foundation as well as CEO of CCIM Technologies, Inc.
As a receiver, arbitrator, and an expert witness, Mr. Webb frequently serves in the role of assisting in both federal and circuit courts. As the only professional in Florida to do so, he has earned the coveted Certified Commercial Investment Member, Certified Hotel Administrator, and Certified Hotel Broker, Certified Property Manager and the Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors designations.
He is a frequent guest speaker and author of articles appearing in the lodging and real estate press. Mr. Webb has completed the educational requirements for becoming a Certified Commercial Appraiser and holds a real estate broker license in Florida. Committed to excellence in all he does, Robin has earned numerous designations and recognitions in his career:
- Senior CCIM Instructor
- Member of the three-man CCIM task force designing, creating, and implementing the Site To Do Business and currently serving on its Board of Directors.
- Member of the Governing Council for CCIM Investment Institute.
- Past President of the 600-member Florida CCIM Chapter
- 1997 President of the 550-member Central Florida Commercial Real Estate Society.
- Recipient of the Prudential Commercial Services' prestigious TOP OF THE ROCK AWARD as the leading producer of commercial real estate transactions (by volume) in the Southeastern Region and No. 2 in the nation.
- Recipient of the 1999 Hank Thompson Award for lifetime contribution to the Florida CCIM Chapter.
- 1999 FAR Commercial Council Chairman
- Former director for the Florida Association of Realtors and Greater Orlando Association of Realtors.
- Year 2000 CCIM of the Year
- Year 2002 Wilbur Strickland Award for outstanding lifetime contribution to the commercial real estate industry.
Commercial Real Estate Industry Education and Designations
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA)
- Certified Hotel Broker (CHB)
- Completed education requirements for Florida Certified Commercial Appraiser
- Certified Real Estate Broker (CRB)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Certified Hotel Broker (CHB) awarded “with distinction”
- Member Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Cornell University 2001 Executive Series: Computerized Hotel Market Studies and Valuations
Robin L. Webb, CCIM, CHA, CHB, CPM, CRB, MRICS
1800 PEMBROOK DRIVE, SUITE 350
ORLANDO, FL 32810
Phone: 407-949-0723 • Fax: 407-875-3137 • Cellular: 407-620-3846